This learning resource emphasizes primary source analysis utilizing resources from UNBC's Northern BC Archives & Special Collections and beyond on the subject of the 1918 Spanish influenza epidemic in Prince George and the area that now makes up the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George.
Resources in this guide include:
- A timeline of the epidemic, as it impacted the Prince George area
- A compiled list of the epidemic deaths in the Prince George area
- A primary source analyses and excerpts from:
- The Corless Funeral Ledger
- The Prince George Citizen newspaper
- Prince George City Council minutes
- Historical photographs
- Secondary sources regarding the epidemic in Northern BC--and in British Columbia and Canada more generally
- Indigenous perspectives of the 1918 epidemic using primary and secondary sources
- Discussion questions and class activities
Begin by selecting the tabs to the left.